how to improve the survival rate of fry
For fish farmers, how to improve survival rate of fry is very important, especially in the process of transportation and breeding, which can easily lead to fry mortality if not paid attention to. High fry mortality rate directly affects the efficiency of fish pond breeding. So, how to improve survival rate of fish fry? What should you pay attention to when raising fish fry? Let’s take a look at the following 9 tips of how to improve survival rate of fish fry.
how often to feed fish fry
how often to feed fish fry? Feeding fry is also a key point of how to improve survival rate of fry, which is different from feeding adult fish. For small fish, the food in the aquarium should be constant. It is very important to monitor their diet and try not to overfeed and overfill, but to divide it into small equal portions throughout the day.
In the early stages, feeding the fish fry every 3-4 hours and gradually increase the feeding interval. For example, the first two or three times in the morning are an hour apart, and after a 3-4 hour break in the afternoon, every two hours, for a total of about 6-7 times a day. After a month, it is recommended to feed fish fry 3-4 times a day. After a few months, you can reduce the frequency of feeding fish fry likely up to 2-3 times a day. if you are in the need of making floating fish feed, you can check our fish feed machine.
9 tips for improving survival rate of fry
1. Generally, fry are not fed on the day they enter the pond, so that they can adapt to the environment of the breeding pond and start feeding the next day.
2. Fish fry should do a good job of clearing the pond, removing the debris and testing the water safely before entering the pond. Confirm that the toxicity of drugs in the water disappears and the fry adapt to the new environment before release.
3. When throwing fry, pay attention to the dissolved oxygen condition of the water body and turn on the oxygenating equipment in time to improve survival rate of fry.
4. To prevent the effect of temperature difference, in order to avoid excessive stress of fry in the nursery, the difference between the water temperature in the nursery bag and the pond water temperature should not exceed 2℃, and the nursery bag can be placed in the pond for half an hour. Temperature control is the most important thing to improve survival rate of fry.
5. When throwing fry, put the fry in the open area upwind to avoid the fish being blown to the shore by the wind, the pond is not spacious, and the fish cannot spread out at once, and crowding leads to lack of oxygen.
6. During the transportation process, there is a certain damage to the fry, and after long-distance transportation, the fish are weak and the organism’s ability to resist stress is reduced. It is easy to be infected by pathogenic microorganisms. Therefore, good disinfection and anti-stress treatment are needed to improve survival rate of fry.
7. Intended to prevent fry natural enemies. It is best to pull the net a few days before the fry are placed in the pond to make sure that the harmful organisms in the aquaculture water have been completely removed before placing the fry.
8. Put the same batch and the same specification in one fish pond to avoid the adverse effects of size and specification differences on the feeding and growth of individuals.
9. Within 30 days after the fish seedlings are put in, eat less and more meals, and try to feed them evenly along the edge of the entire pool to ensure that the fry eat evenly and feed enough.
the above 9 tips for improving survival rate of fry is just for your reference, you need to take care of fish fry according your real situation. hope these 9 tips of how to improve survial rate of fry will be hepful to you.
pay attetion to how to take care of fish fry
1. Reasonable stocking of fry
Breeding large-sized fry in autumn is a key point of how to improve survival rate of fry over winter. According to the conditions of water surface area, water level and other conditions, stocking reasonably according to the actual situation to promote the growth of fry. In a fish pond with a water depth of 1.5 meters, 4,000 to 6,000 fish fry with a length of 7 to 8 cm are stocked, and the body length can reach 13 to 17 cm by the end of the year, which is of great significance for improving the breeding yield.
2. separation management
The fry should be reasonably divided according to the different specifications, so that the fry in the return pond have the same specifications, Because the larger size fry have a strong ability to grab food and a large amount of food, if they are stocked with small size fry together, it will cause the small fish to not get enough bait and cause a decline in their physique. The fry above 5cm should be cultivated in the adult pond, and the small fry need to be cultivated in a special pond, so as not to cause the fry of different sizes to compete for food, the strong ones are stronger and the weaker are weaker.
3. prevention Disease
After the fry go to the pond, it is necessary to prevent parasites and the appearance of bubble disease. disease protection is the key important on how to take care of fish fry, These are two situations that are easy to encounter after entering the pond. Parasites include Trichocarpus, Ringworm, etc. This can be treated with the corresponding medicine. Generally, the probability of proper disinfection will be much smaller.
There are many factors that cause bubble disease. For example, if there is more dissolved oxygen in the water, fish fry will increase the incidence of bubble disease. If the elements such as ammonia nitrogen are high, the position of the tail may also cause bubble disease. Medications such as acetaminophen have a certain preventive effect on this.
4. cleaning ponds in time
In ponds where fry are cultivated for two to three months, the water quality usually begins to deteriorate, the natural bait is weakened, and some harmful pathogens and gases such as hydrogen sulfide increase. In autumn, the fry should be transferred to ponds that have been cleaned and disinfected for cultivation. Transfer all the fry out of the pond for temporary cultivation, and then disinfect the original pond with 75-100 kg/mu of quicklime, and use conventional methods to fatten the water quality. After the effect of the drug disappears, transfering the fry back to the original pond to ensure the purification of the breeding pond.